Banana Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins!

Banana Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins!

It's no secret that in my house there is always chocolate around.  So by the end of Easter I had my fair share of various chocolate bunnies and eggs lying around.  OH WHAT TO DO WITH THEM!?  I knew I had to bake something to share with others so I didn't gorge myself into oblivion, and ended up adapting a recipe I found online to make banana chocolate Peanut Butter muffins!  They turned out so moist and delicious, I knew that one was probably enough but I ended up having 3 in one sitting...and some of the batter at the end.  So much for not gorging.

ENJOY!

Ingredients

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large bananas, mashed
2 HEAPING tablespoons of peanut butter
3/4 cup white sugar
1 egg
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 cup chocolate chips or chunks

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat a 12 count muffin pan with non-stick spray, or use paper liners. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and stir in the chocolate chunks (this makes for even chocolate distribution in the batter later). Combine mashed bananas, peanut butter, sugar, egg, and melted butter in a large bowl. Fold in flour mixture, and mix until smooth. Scoop into muffin pans up to the top of the liners (you will probably  be left with a bit of batter for tasting, but not quite enough to make more).
Bake in preheated oven for 20. Muffins will spring back when lightly tapped.

Comments

Popular Posts